We work HARD and PLAY HARD at NorthStar. Some of the best “grown-up” benefits in the industry including medical, dental, vision, retirement AND some things your kids will even think are cool like in-house massage chair day, pontoon rides, nerf guns, and a bottomless candy drawer!
Check out these current openings and let us know about you!
NorthStar Technology Group, a steadily growing IT services company, is seeking a full time Technical Support Analyst to assist with remote and onsite support. What sets us apart? Many technical support roles entail working with a single program or service, but not here. We offer an empowering team environment working with diverse client systems and technologies that allow you to expand your current skill set at an accelerated pace!
– An Associate or Bachelor degree in an IT or networking field required
– 3-4 years’ experience in a technical support role
Provide remote and onsite technical support for services provided by NorthStar Technology Group. Applicants with healthcare IT experience strongly preferred. This include familiarity with electronic health records systems and HIPAA best practices and standards.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Technical Support – Interact with Clients by providing onsite and remote troubleshooting and problem resolution
– Monitor helpdesk queues for newly submitted request
– Hardware and software installations/updates completed as needed
– Complete Client follow ups within designated timeframes to ensure on-site and vendor response in accordance with current procedures
– Periodic status updates on open support tickets in accordance with client’s service level agreement
– Timely resolution of technical support issue or escalation to senior technical support analysts
– Ensure all issues are logged as tickets in service desk system
– Ongoing creation of knowledge base articles
– Update Client system/process documentation as needed
3. Ongoing Training
– Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
– Training on new Clients or processes as needed
– Skill set building and applicable training as opportunities arise
– Assistance with basic implementation projects based on skills/experience
– Self project management – project plan creation and resource allocation – most projects are simple not requiring extensive people resources
5. Managed Services
– Assistance with automation and delivery of managed services – patches, alerting, scripting, remediation, reporting
NorthStar Technology Group provides IT services across a broad range of solutions addressing technology needs for clients throughout the US. The ideal candidate will thrive in our challenging and rewarding environment; this person will design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain internal and client networks. This role will be in our Fargo office and includes a competitive benefits package.
Essential Job Functions (most important listed first):
1. Professional Services:
– Install, manage, and troubleshoot customer and hosted server systems including servers, networking infrastructure and line of business applications
– Manage and maintain VMWare ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V hosting environments
– Provide support and upgrades for a wide array of server OS’s and vertical applications
– Research and help quote new server hardware and software as well as upgrades
– Document fixes and informational items regarding server systems
– SAN storage management
2. Centralized Managed Services:
– Configure and manage Labtech remote monitoring and management (RMM) solution including patch management, monitoring/alert configuration, remediation scripting, etc.
– Configure and manage backup and disaster recovery solutions for customers running ShadowProtect and Veeam
– Configure and manage antivirus/antimalware solutions for customers running ESET and others
– Configure and manage BrightGauge reporting portal dashboards for internal and customer use
3. Technical Alignment through Effective Network Management:
– Perform onsite monthly, quarterly or bi-annual IT reviews for customers to measure alignment to our technical standards
– Create and update customer and internal documentation within our documentation platform ITGlue
– Work with vCIO to match IT Review results with business impacts to provide customers with ongoing strategic planning
4. Technical Support:
– Timely diagnosis and resolution of technical support issues when escalated
– Consistently report issue status and progress within our service desk ticketing system including accurate, complete and real time ticket entries
– Update the customer periodically on the status of open support issues or projects
– Update Customer system/process documentation as needed
Essential Job Requirements:
Current MCSE or equivalent ideal. CCNA/CCDA a bonus.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS or applicable computer network related fields.
3+ years’ experience providing technical support for business environments.
2+ years’ experience in an advanced network support or network engineer role.
– Server Systems: Windows OS and Linux Server OS such as Server 2003-2016, Ubuntu, and VMware virtualized environments
– Enterprise Services and Applications: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Apache, SQL, Exchange, SPAM filtering, AV, Backup systems, WSUS, monitoring systems, FTP, file server
– Routers and Firewalls: NAT translations, HA, ACL’s, Static routing and dynamic protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF, VPN tunneling
– Switches: VLAN and trunk configuration
– Wireless: SSID management and wireless security
– Server Hardware: HP and Dell products
– SAN Administration: iSCSI, FC connections, and RAID levels
– Ability to prioritize and multitask
– Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
– Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of PC workstations, servers, network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment
– Willingness to travel occasionally